What is massage?
Massage is an ancient form of healing through touch, using a variety of techniques. Holistic massage treats the whole person: mind, body and spirit.
What are the benefits of Holistic massage?
• It can help to relieve stress, insomnia, tense muscles and back pain, improve circulation and digestion, tone the skin and help eliminate toxins.
• Regular massages can improve overall health, help prevent illness and enhance the quality of life.
• Massage is a good way to combat stress, which is the cause of many illnesses.
What happens during a treatment?
• You may be asked a few questions about your health, to enable the therapist to determine your requirements.
• The first treatment usually takes 1 to 1½ hours and follow up sessions generally last 1 hour or less.
• Also, this is an opportunity for you to take time out for yourself and fully relax with no other distractions.
A massage will often begin with a series of long slow movements over the area to be treated using the open palms. This movement warms up the muscles and (if used) spreads the massage oil evenly over the limb.
The same movements may also be repeated at the end of the session with the aim of calming the subject and leaving him or her with a pleasant, even euphoric, sensation.
The various strokes used in massage are carefully designed to achieve the complete relaxation:
• of the body muscles,
• increase both blood and lymphatic circulation,
• and help eliminate waste products that build up in our muscles as a result of normal metabolism.
Holistic Massage Links: