Hot Stone massage is a form of holistic massage therapy that has been practised in other parts of the world for over 2000 years and is now taking the
UK by storm. It is a deep massage technique, which is becoming increasingly popular due to its beneficial effects.
Special basalt volcanic stones are heated in a special heater. The stones are kept at a safe effective temperature, and this therapy works on three levels. During the treatment, the
client is engulfed in warmth and comfort, allowing the therapist to work deeper with no extra effort. The energies from the stones promote a meditative and calm state, helping to relax the
client. This also helps with the healing effects long after the treatment is over.
The combination of techniques used –
• aids the circulatory, muscular and nervous systems
• stimulates arterial circulation, and increases venous and lymphatic flow
• reduces stress and can induce a feeling of euphoria
• frees knots of muscular tension and relaxes connective tissue
• stimulates the skin and underlying nerve endings
• aids in the elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products