Infant Massage combines massage strokes from Indian and Swedish Reflexology and Yoga movements. The International Association of Infant Massage was founded by Vimala McClure in the 1980’s.
Some of the benefits of Infant Massage:
- Helps to develop a bond between parent and baby
- Relaxes the parent and baby
- Helps to relieve colic and teething pains
- Boosts the baby’s immune system
- Aids digestion
- Helps with sleeping problems
For teaching massage strokes your baby should be aged from about 6 weeks to the pre-crawling stage. Infant massage training will teach you how to massage different part of your baby’s body using organic sunflower oil. You will receive handouts detailing what you have learned during the course and there will be opportunities to discuss the development of your baby relating to infant massage.
Infant Massage Links: